Head of Manufacturing Engineering – Pilot Plant (Cell manufacturing/assembly)
Posted August 4, 2022
Head of Manufacturing Engineering – Pilot Plant
Innolith Require an experienced individual to lead the manufacturing Engineering team in the delivery of a new lithium ion cell manufacturing facility.
The role will be to lead the team to successful & safe delivery of the facility from procurement to final commissioning and into continuous improvement. They will be Responsible for all segments of the production process and plant engineering. The individual should be familiar with all phases of manufacturing planning and have lead teams in similar roles before.
The individual will be responsible for ensuring that the production equipment quality, timing, specification & cost efficiency is best in class.
- Ensuring equipment specification is correct and without omission.
- Ensuring safety is proritised throughout all phases of project delivery, from specification to commissioning & use.
- Ensuring compliance with environmental regulations & permitting.
- Budget estimation & control for their area of responsibility.
- Oversight and audit of quality documentation (PFMEA, Control plans, Process Sheets etc.)
- Ensuring the highest standard of equipment buy off – defining criteria and execution of FAT & SAT testing.
- Managing successful installation at Innolith site, coordination of teams and resolution of conflicting priorities.
- Management of commissioning, ensuring a robust process delivered for use.
- Continuous improvement of production process to deliver high levels of cost efficiency and production output.
- Seek out innovation and excellence in lithium ion manufacturing.
- Manage implementation of a world class MES & quality tracking system
- Create and deliver project tracking and status reports ensuring adherence to plan
- Clearly report project status to leadership.
The Successful candidate will have the following prior experience:
- Successful lead teams through project delivery in a manufacturing environment, ensuring on time and on cost delivery.
- Lead teams of engineer in the procurement of high precision high volume equipment
- Management of vendors at a senior level.
- Approving and leading the commissioning of production equipment
- 6Sigma and quality control tools.
- Use of timing plans and project management tools to monitor and report progress.
- Demonstrated, significant knowledge of machine and operation safety.
- Leading complex problem resolution activities for manufacturing issues.
Non-essential but advantageous experience:
- Prior experience in battery manufacturing or similar technology (High speed consumer goods, high speed machining or assembly, Printing, Web conversion)
- Experience working in an Automotive or other high volume quality focused environment
- Degree in Engineering or related discipline
- Team leadership experience
- Fluent English written & spoken
- Willing to travel internationally as required
- Skilled in Microsoft Excel , Powerpoint & Word processing tools