Plant Engineer – Pilot Plant (Cell manufacturing/assembly)
Posted August 4, 2022
Plant Engineer - Pilot Plant
About the job
Innolith is looking for an experienced Plant engineer to work with our manufacturing team on the delivery of a new lithium ion cell manufacturing facility (Pilot plant) in Europe or China.
The role will be responsible for delivering equipment services (Electricity, Compressed Air, Solvents etc..) and clean & dry environments from specification to installation, delivery & commissioning. The individual will be responsible for timing, specification & cost efficiency for all plant engineering areas of responsibility.
- Specification, supplier selection, delivery and commissioning of all equipment services & specialised environments including
- Electricity distribution
- Compressed air
- Chilled and heated water
- Demineralised water
- Solvents / Electrolyte
- Dust / vapor extraction
- Clean and dry rooms
- Liaising with suppliers and critiquing design to ensure solutions are robust and designed protecting for the future.
- Ensuring equipment delivered is safe and meets local and company requirements.
- Ensuring area of responsibility is compliant with environmental regulations & permitting.
- Budget control for their process segment
- Equipment buy off – defining criteria and execution of FAT & SAT testing.
- Managing successful installation at Innolith site
- Quality verification and commissioning of equipment
- Optimisation to deliver high levels of cost efficiency.
- Ensuring all equipment and documentation is delivered and available.
The Successful candidate will have the following prior experience:
- Successful project delivery, ideally in a manufacturing or industrial environment
- Procurement of services and their distribution
- Management of large contracts with multiple contractors.
- Commissioning of plant equipment
- Creation and management of timing plans.
- Knowledge of applicable regulatory & safety requirements.
Non-essential but advantageous experience:
- Experience as an electrical Engineer
- Experience delivering AHU`s or dehumidification plants.
- Able to use Auto Cad for the production of engineering layouts and drawings.
- Degree in Engineering or related discipline
- Commercially aware.
- Able to read Engineering Drawings
- Fluent English written & spoken
- German language highly advantageous.
- Willing to travel internationally as required
- Skilled in Microsoft Excel , Powerpoint & Word processing tools