Process Engineer (Production)
Posted June 8, 2022
We are the Freedom Battery Technology Company.
We believe in global e-mobility freedom – universally available and accessible to all, without the compromises of the conventional Li-ion.
Innolith is a Swiss battery technology company with German scientific and engineering roots, commercial teams in Europe and China, specializing in the R&D and manufacturing of advanced lithium battery cells.
A strong team of 80 people, with a millennium of industry experience between them and 20 yearsof R&D behind it, has secured the core of Innolith business – I-STATE technology. It is a unique, break-through battery cell innovation – an inorganic liquid electrolyte that is not flammable and delivers significant advantages over the existing conventional Li-ion technologies: significant cost savings, higher energy density, much wider temperature range, higher safety and recycling potential than best-in class Li-ion batteries. I-STATE has a fully protected IP with 265 patents registered and another 110 pending as of today. Remarkable full cell test results have been validated by multiple independent industry experts and leading end-user companies. And this is just the beginning.
We will not stop until everyone in the world is moving electric.
- Product industrialization and implementation
- Full scale manufacturing operations
- Sustainable Production
ABOUT THE JOB
Innolith is looking for an experienced process engineer to work within our manufacturing team on the delivery of a new lithium ion cell manufacturing facility (pilot plant) in Europe or China.
The role will be responsible for delivery of a segment of the production process from equipment specification to installation and delivery. The individual will be responsible for equipment timing, specification & cost efficiency as well as for ensuring the process produces cells that are world class in quality.
- Equipment Specification
- Ensuring equipment delivered is safe and meets local and company requirements.
- Ensuring compliance with environmental regulations & permitting.
- Budget control for their process segment
- Production of quality documentation (PFMEA, Control plans, Process Sheets etc.)
- Equipment buy off – defining criteria and execution of FAT & SAT testing.
- Managing successful installation at Innolith site
- Quality verification and commissioning of equipment
- Process development at scale to ensure high quality product
- Optimisation of production process to deliver high levels of cost efficiency.
- Seek out innovation and excellence in manufacturing for their responsible area.
- Ensuring all equipment and process documentation is delivered and available.
ESSENTIAL PRIOR EXPERIENCE:
- Successful project delivery in a manufacturing environment
- Procurement of high precision high volume equipment
- Management of vendors
- Commissioning of production equipment
- 6Sigma and quality control tools.
- Creation and management of timing plans.
- Knowledge of machine and operation safety.
- Leading complex problem resolution activities for manufacturing issues.
Non-essential but advantageous experience:
- Prior experience in battery manufacturing or similar technology (High speed consumer goods, high speed machining or assembly, Printing, Web conversion)
- Experience working in an Automotive or other high volume quality focused environment
SKILLS AND OTHER CONSIDERATIONS
- Degree in Engineering or related discipline
- Able to read Engineering Drawings
- Fluent English written & spoken
- Willing to travel internationally as required
- Skilled in Microsoft Excel , Powerpoint & Word processing tools
We’re looking for 3 people to join our team as Process Engineers.